Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Day Is Ruined

This is some dag gun bull shizz. My life is ruined! OK, that might be a pinch dramatic, but my 10 o'clock hour is for sure ruined.

I just read, courtesy of dlisted.com that Angelina Jolie will be playing the role of Dr. Kay Scarpetta in the upcoming Patricia Cornwell movie. Patricia Cornwell has been one of my favorite authors since I was a sophomore in high school [read: a LONG time ago]. She is the author of amazing novels [tip: her earlier Scarpetta novels are much better than the new ones] and her genius is going to be ruined by the likes of Angelina Jolie.

I'm not sorry- I just don't like her. Yeah, yeah, she's a good person and a humanitarian and blah blah blah, but she isn't a good actress! She will ruin Kay Scarpetta. Boooooooo.

I mean, first they ruined the movie version of My Sisters Keeper by casting Cameron Diaz as the mother [really guys?] and now this. Grrrr.

For those of you who care, the Scarpetta movie will be based on the novel Post Mortem. 

Read it. Thanks.

No comments: