Monday, April 6, 2009

MUSIC MONDAY!!

I couldn't think of a better way to start Music Monday than with good ole Rocky Top. In keeping with that theme, we are going to do a short recap of the ACMs and then I'm going to hit you with music from the winners and nominees- aka, this blog is about to get a little bit country!

In my opinion, the ACMs are truly the best awards show for country music. They are still classy, but they're a tad more laid back than the CMA awards- so people can cut loose a little bit, but they don't go overboard. 

My proudest moment of last night was when Trace Adkins won for You're Gonna Miss This and when he performed his song Til The Last Shot's Fired with the West Point Cadet Glee Club.I was like a proud little mama cat watching her baby take its first steps. ;)

 I don't cry, but I very nearly did during this performance. I had cold chills all over my body the entire time. Although we all appreciate our troops, we really dont acknowledge them enough and I appreciate people like Trace who bring the attention back around to them. Check out the behind the scenes video below and then the performance. And say a prayer for peace.





No comments: