Thursday, August 14, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes......or Celebs. Same difference.

"There are a limited amount of years where you can wear tight jeans. There comes a point where whether you can or not, you shouldn't."--Scott Weiland
The 40-year-old Stone Temple Pilots frontman, who continues to rock too-tight trousers, explained his personal pants philosophy in an interview.
(Agreed. Dear rockers, tight pants are uglarific!)


"I am a legend. I want to take drugs."--Amy Winehouse
The embattled singer was allegedly overheard screaming this shortly before she was arrested for headbutting a man on the street. Yikes.


"We call him our sensitive thug. It's from a Jay-Z song." --Gwyneth Paltrow
The 'Iron Man' actress revealed on 'Letterman' this week that she and husband Chris Martin have nicknamed their two-year-old son, Moses, after a line in good friend Hova's 'Heart of the City.'
(Dang them! I was going to name my firstborn son Sensitve Thug. They steal all my ideas!)


"If there is a song that gets me in the mood to play Andy Bernard, it would be an a cappella version of 'Africa,' by Toto. It's one of the greatest American rock songs." --Ed Helms
The actor admitted to Spin the one connection he feels to his relentlessly annoying, yet strangely lovable character on 'The Office.'
(Everyone else is making a comeback, why not Toto?!?!)


"The fatter she gets, the weirder she gets, and the more I love her ... I would marry her in a heartbeat." --Moby
The NYC DJ spilled his guts to the Sun about his feelings for once fellow chrome dome Britney Spears.
(Sorry Moby, it appears that Britney has lost the chub. Better luck next time!)


"It's like watching a 14-year-old boy fumbling with a girl's belt buckle: They're going to get there eventually." --Pete Wentz
Emo's poster child waxed poetic on how musicians (including himself) attempt to participate in politics in Spin's April issue.


"When [they said], 'Hey, Chris, how's it going?,' that was way better than any gold record or s--- that Nickelback would write about being a rock star." --Chris Robinson
During an interview with Spinner, the Black Crowes singer remembered meeting Crosby, Stills Nash & Young at Madison Square Garden.
(Oh Chris. We love you. And for the record, we hate Nickelback too!)


"I'm not really into female vocalists ... I don't think I would ever listen to our band, honestly." --Hayley Williams
The fiery frontgirl may love singing in her Grammy-nominated band, but, as she disclosed to Rolling Stone, that doesn't mean she actually likes Paramore's songs. Duh.
(Hayley, I love you, but when you say things like this it makes other people wonder if they should be listening to your music. Oh screw it, we love Paramore [we really do. when is the next album???])

"I see the profundity of ['My Humps''] lyrics. You do have to make him work, work, work. You do. S--- is true." -- Alanis MorissetteThe 'Ironic' singer insisted to Spinner that her 'My Humps' cover was devoid of irony.

"When I got my divorce, the women jumped on me like white on rice! I said, 'Look, I ain't ever did fish, I don't intend to do fish so leave me alone.'" -- Patti LaBelle
The legendary singer revealed her not-so-'New Attitude' toward the idea of girly action. She'd rather adopt dogs to combat loneliness.
(Did fish???..moving on.........)

No comments: