Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crap Channel



I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE Clear Channel. I hate them! (Are you feeling the hate?).

I've always had a general distrust for radio stations who play what the labels pay them to play as opposed to what is actually good music, BUT, I will admit that I do still listening to a few Clear Channel stations here in the 'Ville.

However, my hatred grew recently as one of our local stations, The River, started to play Coldplay's single "Viva La Vida" approximately TWO MONTHS after the cd was released. This burns me because it was very, very obvious that they were just waiting to see how well the song did before adding it to their playlist. I can't speak for other markets, but I know Nashville just recently started playing this, while our Independent station has been playing it ever since the cd was released.

Think about it- when was the last time that you heard a Coldplay song on a Clearchannel station? It's been a hot minute. It's because their programming is full of Miley Cyrus, and Duffy, and Fergie, and the shitty stuff. That sounded harsh- it's not that I don't want them to play these artists and the straight pop music etc, it's just that i want them to mix in the good music every once in awhile without waiting to see if other people are going to like it first.

One day I am going to be RICH and I'm going to buy Clear Channel and we're going to play whatever music we want. So there!

No comments: