Monday, October 17, 2011

Surprise, Surprise!!

Hi Readers!

I hinted last week on my blog that there would be some exciting things happening this week. Well, the surprise is here! Last week, my good buddies over at Nashvillest asked me to put on my fanciest celebrity interviewer hat and ask Jenny "JWoww" Farley from Jersey Shore a few questions at the Smart Tan Conference that was in Nashville for the weekend. Since no one loves Trashy TV more than I do, I jumped at the chance! In about 15 minutes, I had a little over two pages worth of questions and I felt READY.

Late Friday night, I got an unexpected email that informed me that I would be interviewing Snooki as well! Now, I don't mean to discount JWoww and what she means to the show, but LEZBEHONEST, Snooki is kind of the star. Now I was more than excited- I was nervous.

Saturday morning came and I hauled my pasty self down to the Nashville Convention Center. Guys, let me just say, this trade show is LEGIT. Since I am not much of a tanner, I had absolutely no idea that this many different types of tanning aids, lotions, moisturizers, etc existed. There had to have been at least 100 different booths with all of them offering different tanning lotions. My mind = blown. I knew I was looking for the Australian Gold booth [I was interviewing JWoww first] but had no idea where I was headed. Luckily, these larger than life photos helped me find my way.

Oh and then THIS happened

And so did this

I can't speak as to whether or not JWoww and Snooki felt at home, but I certainly felt like I was in Jersey. There was teased hair, dark skin and velour track suits galore! This J.Crew veteran kind of stuck out like a sore thumb.

I had kind of been really conflicted about what to wear, and finally settled on a pretty normal outfit [jeans, tank and cute blazer] with these heels. Since I had to walk what felt like 20 blocks from my car to the convention center, I had started to regret my decision until JWoww appeared in the exact same shoes but different color. I knew instantly we'd be best friends.

It really is amazing how a pair of shoes can bond two girls. I made one joke about our sore feet and I was IN. Jenny was super, duper sweet, very personable and an incredibly easy interview.
It must be said that she looked absolutely GORGEOUS. I sometimes find myself going into mom mode while watching the show and thinking "homegurl might just need a cheeseburger", but she is completely flawless in person. I found her to be incredibly knowledgeable about her sunless tanning line that is being put out by Australian Gold and, honestly, she kind of made me want to try tanning. Her boyfriend from the show, Rodger, was there and he was incredibly nice as well. She answered all of my questions, from serious to silly, and did it all with a smile. She seemed
completely genuine when she said she loved Nashville and was incredibly excited about the huge line of fans that were waiting for me to finish up so they could meet her. She was an absolute delight and I hope that our paths cross again one day. If you tan, check out her products.

Her sunless tanner, JWoww Dark Intense Sunless Spray

And her tanning booth enhancer (technical terms are not my thing), the JWoww 50x Black Bronzer.

After my interview with JWoww, I scurried over to the Supre Tan booth to see if my interview with Snooki was still a go. Luckily, it was! She had already started her signing, but it was fine, I could wait! PS, that blue shirt in the photo below is Jionni so, SPOILER ALERT, they are still together.

Evidently, Snooki's day was already behind schedule so my time with her would have to be brief. I sadly did not have an instant shoe connection with the Main Meatbawl, but I figured things would be fine. Welllllllll........eh. I would never say that she was rude or snotty because she wasn't by any means, but she just didn't feel present [must be present to win, Schnooks!]. She may have just been tired from traveling, but she didn't seem to excited to meet her fans and certainly wasn't excited to meet me. She politely answered all of my questions, but didn't seem too enthused by any of them [her publicist on the other hand thought I was a hoot! I happen to agree...]. Snooki has 3 products available in her line [photos below]. I didn't get a lot of information from her but I gathered that one is a bronzer, one is a moisturizer and one is a "tingle" and that I should not use the "tingle" because I am too white and it will make me turn red. I do have to say that I love her packaging. While you may never see me in a shiny leopard print dress, I wouldn't be opposed to buying tanning lotion that is wearing that outfit.



So there you have it readers- my day with my Trashy TV favorites! Special thanks to Nashvillest for giving me this super fun opportunity. Check out my entire interview with the girls here.

No comments: