Monday, October 17, 2011

Trashy TV: Monday-Friday, "I"m In A Whirlwind of Stupid" Edition

Last night was the Reunion [Part 1] of The Real Housewives of New Jersey. I unforunately missed it cause I was too busy drinking homebrew on the Eastside, but thanks to a lovely technology called iTunes, I was able to catch all the drama tonight [PS- dogsitting for someone without cable is the PITS].

I didn't blog a whole lot about RHONJ this season because, even though I enjoyed it [I always do], in many ways it was just the same ole shit. Essentially, there were two new cast members to replace the ones who did not return [as you may remember Dina Manzo left midway through last season and Danielle Staub did not return for Season 3]. Melissa Gorgoa, Teresa Giudice's sister-in-law, and Kathy Wakile, Teresa's cousin, both joined the cast. The drama of the season centered around Teresa's tumultuous relationship with both of them, and their efforts, along with Caroline and Jacqueline's encouragement, to mend the relationships. While there were moments of success, in my opinion, it was a waste overall. The season ended with the release of Teresa's second cookbook where she openly makes fun of Caroline's Italian heritage and Caroline's son Chris's business, and also implies that Kathy and Melissa are her own personal copycats.

The first thing I noticed about the reunion was how much Teresa has changed. Ok, that's a lie, the first thing I noticed was how unfortunate Andy's shirt and tie combo was [but I love you ntway booboo!]. It seems as though we all may have been wrong about Teresa all along. In years past she was one of my favorites, but I'm starting to think that Danielle's version of crazy was SO crazy that it covered up Teresa's crazy for the first two seasons. Now with Danielle gone, Teresa's crazy flag was free to fly, and boy did it ever. We've always known that Teresa had a temper, but now she's just plain delusional. I wanted to not like Melissa and Kathy at the beginning of the season, but now that I see what they're working with, I feel like they handled themselves very classily.

Some of my favorite moments of the reunion include:

Teresa: I am relaxed, I'm calm and cool as a whistle.
Andy: Cool as a whistle??
--------------------------------------------------------------
Caroline: I feel like I'm getting dumber as the minutes go on. I am in a whirlwind of stupid.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Melissa: Teresa, you look like the devil right now.
Teresa: You're the devil! You're wearing red! It matches you! You like that, bitch? We're at a good place, why are you going back there.
[YFL note: Um, good one? Also, I'm pretty sure you calling her a bitch is not being in a good place.]
---------------------------------------------------------------
Andy: What's the real story with the auction? I saw all of your items on the internet. How did you make that go away?
Teresa: Well, someone did come to my house and take pictures of all of my furniture, because they said that we had Picasso paintings worth like Fifty thousand dollars, so they came to check.
Andy: By the way, a Picasso would be worth like Fifty MILLION dollars.
Teresa: Well alright, Fifty MILLION dollars, but see, my husband would NEVER go for a Picasso painting.
Andy: Yeah, uh, I don't think he could.
[YFL Note: YA BURNT!]
----------------------------------------------------------------
Andy: In September of this year, you promised to pay back all of your debt. How long do you have to pay it back?
Teresa: Oh, I don't really know exactly.
Andy: Um, you should look into that.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Check out some highlights from the Reunion, Part 2 below.







No comments: