Thursday, October 13, 2011

Filed Under: They Bet Not!


So the sacrilegious suckers over at Lifetime recently announced that they are doing a remake of Steel Magnolias [Whaaaaaaatttt????] but with an all black cast [WHAAAAAAAAAT????].

Now, here's my first question- when the heck did Hollywood get so lazy [does Lifetime count as Hollywood?] that they thought "lets just stop coming up with new movie ideas and just make shitty remakes of classics that could never, EVER, be improved"? I'm not one of those people who has a total hard on for Footloose, but I still maintain that it absolutely did not need to be re-done.

If they felt like they absolutely HAD to remake Steel Magnolias, wouldn't it seem like they'd want to make it as close to the original as possible? I mean, I'm pretty sure the all black version of Steel Magnolias has already been made and it was called Beauty Shop. I love my soul sisters and if they HAVE to do a re-make then I certainly see no problem with adding some color to the movie, but I am curious what the reasoning behind an all black cast was.

Whatever the colors, this movie should have gone in the DO NOT TOUCH vault. If Hollywood gets their hands on The Goonies or E.T. they're gonna have trouble from ME!

No comments: