Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Six Year Old In Me Just Got Really Excited

Yay, yay, yay, yay, YAY! Disney is evidently very excited about the fact that their re-release of The Lion King in 3D made over $80 million dollars since it's reappearance in theaters in early September, because they recently announced that they will be releasing four additional films in 3D! What will they be? Glad you asked!

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.

OMG. I cannot even express to you people how much I LOVE Beauty and the Beast. It is my favorite Disney movie by far. I owned it [er, still own it] on VHS and nearly wore the tape out. Real talk, in my current adult life, I have Beauty and the Beast on VHS in my current apartment, and I do not even have a VCR. That is true and pathetic and I am aware, thank you very much. I remember seeing this one in the theater with my parents when we were on vacation and I got so attached to the Beast that I had to crawl in my dad's lap and cry, cry, cry when he got stabbed. Thankfully, it's a Disney movie and it had a happy ending! Here's some more real talk if you can handle it: one of my life goals as a child was to be Belle in Beauty and the Beast. Evidently, I couldn't quite wrap my head around the fact that they were never going to re-do the movie with different voices [still can't really! I want this SO BAD!].

Beauty and the Beast will be re-released in theaters on January 13, 2012. Who wants to go??



FINDING NEMO

Finding Nemo is slightly less exciting to me, mostly because I was in college when it was released and it doesn't quite have the nostalgia factor. However, being that it is one of the better Disney movies in recent year, you'll probably find me at the theaters starting on September 14, 2012 along with everyone else.



MONSTERS, INC

The third re-release will be Monsters, Inc. on January 13, 2013. Much like Nemo, this movie doesn't hold a huge part of my heart because it was released when I was already full grown. To be honest, I don't know that I've even SEEN Monsters, Inc. Perhaps I can remedy that in the theater. Disney got clever with this one because they are releasing a prequel called Monsters University just four months after this release [June 2013]. Seems like a good way to drum up some marketing to me! I sadly do not have a favorite clip since , again , I've not seen this one.

THE LITTLE MERMAID

Ok, I am having another spell of the vapors, because the final re-release will be The Little Mermaid and it is probably my second favorite Disney film. I'm trying to remember if I saw it in the theaters as a child, and while I'm sure I did, I don't have a vivid memory of it [I do however vividly remember 101 Dalmations, The Lion King, and of course Beauty and the Beast]. What I do know is that I must have watched it a million times as a child. The sad part is, we have to wait until 2013 to see it in theaters again [September 13th to be exact] ! Doesn't Disney know that the world is GOING TO END in 2012???? Don't make us wait, Disney!!





No comments: