Friday, August 14, 2009

Trashy TV: Monday- Friday


I am absolutely horrified to admit that I watched my first round of Real Housewives of Atlanta last night. There have been some chaaaaaaaangeeeeeeees.

For example, NeNe gots a new house. No, no, it wasn't an upgrade- its seemingly a house that actually belongs to her [if you'll remember, after the first season aired, many of the wives were accused of renting their fabulous houses].

Another example, there's a new housewife. Her name is Kandi. She is apparantly a very successful songwriter [think "No Scrubs" by TLC, "Bills, Bills, Bills" by Destiny's Child, "It Makes Me Ill" by NSYNC, etc etc]. So, seemingly, she is the first and only housewife in this franchise to have a legit career. Sorry, Sheree, but being a faux fashion designer just isn't cutting it for me. This leads me to ask.....why? Why do you need the show? If you are a successful songwriter in a [semi] successful relationship, why do the show at all?

Things that haven't changed: Kims wig. Damn girl! I know Bravo paid you for Season 1- get you some new hair!! I mean, sure, you thought you had cancer, your hair fell out, etc [newsflash- generally the chemo is what makes the hair fall out, not the disease. I digress!], but home.gurl. New Hair! Put it on your to do list [right after the Botox and VelaShape.....don't think I didn't look it up]. And, again, why is a 30 year old woman getting Botox? Really???

Lisa and her husband [the washed up NFL player] are trying to get pregnant again and they want a girl- and twins! They don't seem to have any problems making the babays since they have a little one right now, but in order to increase their chances of twins/girls, they are visiting the fertility doctor. Remember when people used to do it the old fashioned way and just see what came out? I mean, maybe there was a Venn Diagram involved every now and again, but for the most part it was a surprise! It was like a gift bag at a birthday party as a child- you got what you got. But hey, I don't judge.

Another thing that didn't change was that Sheree is still the most annoying person on the face of the planet. She has a new house- in the woods. So she's learning how to shoot a gun. Great. I'm just waiting for the news article where Sheree drank too much wine and accidentally shot her stupid dog.

My absolute favorite part of last nights episode was when Sheree's bitch Army friend Tonia told NeNe she was fat and Lisa that she needed to do something with her hair. My least favorite part was that they didn't whoop her ass right then and there! Me senses a little tension between the threesome and I hope that they throw down before the season is over.

Last night was Episode 3- there will be much more to come.



No comments: