Friday, August 21, 2009

My Mind Is Being Blown

There is so much great new music out- this is going to be the best fall ever! ;)

The new album that I've just found out about that I'm super stoked for? A Fine Frenzy. Her new album is due out September 8 [soon!] and is called "Bomb in a Birdcage". Right now, there are two singles available from the album, "Blow Away" and "Happier". I'm not super duper crazy about "Blow Away", but I think that's just because its very different for her. I'm all about an artist growing and expanding their craft, but I dont usually care for it when they completely abandon what made them great. I'm not saying that she did that, just saying that I'm not a huge fan of this song right now, but I probably will be at some point in the future. "Happier" struck a chord with me much more quickly-you should all download it on iTunes immediately. I'm super pumped for this album.



Blow Away


Other albums I'm excited about:

This week: Third Eye Blind released a new album. What? Who knew? I flipping love me some Third Eye Blind. I'm just now downloading it, so I can't say for sure whether or not the album is great, but I'll keep you posted. I'm very worried that they might be past their prime and that it could be time to "let it go", but I'm hoping this album proves me wrong. You can listen to the full album here.

Next week:
Colbie Collait [Don't Judge- I like her new single]: Breakthrough
Imogen Heap: Ellipse
Mellowdrone: Angry Bear [Love the title. Reminds me of someone I know]
Ingrid Michaelson: Everybody

Uh, next week is not going to be good for my wallet.

September 1st:
Whitney Houston: I Look To You [Don't Judge Me!]

September 8th:
Pete Yorn & Scarlet Johansson: Breakup

September 11th:
Jay-Z: Blueprint 3

September 14th:
Muse: The Resistance

September 29th:
Mariah Carey: Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel [Again, please don't judge. I hate the title, but I am unfortunately a loyal Mimi fan.]
Paramore: Brand New Eyes
Swell Season: Strict Joy

October 27th:
Weezer [really???]: Raditude

November 3rd:
Carrie Underwood

November 10th:
Three 6 Mafia: Laws of Power

November 24th:
Lil' Wayne: Rebirth

Done and Done! I expect to be very broke and very musically fulfilled this fall.










































No comments: