Monday, March 30, 2009

Grey's Gossip

I like Katherine Heigl- I really do! I find her to be funny and charming. I like her on Grey's Anatomy. I like her in movies (most). However, I do not always like her attitude. She recently did an interview with The New York Times about possibly staying on the show [we'll see] and whether or not she will continue to make movies on the show. She said, "I'm more than happy to make that compromise. As my agent likes to say, 'High class problems'. I dont know if I want to continue for five years working 12 months a year, but I can take at least another year or two."

Ok. I get that TV actors have very long days and fairly grueling schedules, but I also happen to know that they get LOTS of time off [why else would their shows only be on, basically, every other week during a season. i'm getting fed up with no new tv!]. Therefore, it particularly burns me that the thought of working 12 months straight is almost too much for Katherine to handle. And it's not just her I'm upset with. It's all actors who think that life is so hard for them. I'm sure its really hard to make a million dollars an episode, get free crap all the time, marry gorgeous people, and have approx 4 months off a year. REEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLY hard. Man, I don't envy their lives at all. I have got it GOOD. Don't you agree?

No comments: