Monday, February 9, 2009

It Was the Grammys Ya'll!!!

Last night was one of my favorite nights of the year- Grammy night!!

I wish I could've had a live blog feed going b/c frankly I can't even remember all of the things I wanted to comment on. Let me attempt to hit a few highlights (ie- things that i loved or hated)

1)Ryan Seacrest is a dumb dumb and I hate him on the Red Carpet (and am not surprised as to why celebs dont want to talk to him)

2) U2 might fall out of relevance with their new song

3)Whitney Houston is back! (but she's still on drugs)

4) Justin Timberlake should not tell jokes about the General Store

5)Duffy and Al Green should not try to harmonize on the fly.

6) M.I.A looked RIDIC but you gotta give her props (and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed that she didn't give birth on the stage)

7) T.I., Jay-Z, Kanye, and Lil Wayne are the DREAM TEAM of Rap Music- great performance!

8) I sincerely hoped the "KWullet" would be gone by last night- it wasn't

9) I understand that the Robert Plant/ Alison Krauss duo is completely extraordinary, but I'm a little bit bored with the fact that they keep winning everything.

10) How can Kid Rock be Rock, Country, and Pop (I guess that shows the brilliance of his manager *wink*)

11) Surprisingly, I didn't hate the Miley Cyrus/ Taylor Swift duet.

12) The Jonas Brothers are NOT worthy of performing with Stevie Wonder

13) I hate the way Chris Martin dresses (but am glad that they brought Viva La Hova to life!)

14) Justin Timberlake needs to come out with a new album

15) Why was THE ROCK at the Grammys???

16) I am OVER Sugarland singing "Stay" at every awards show

17) Adele DEFINITELY deserved to win!!

The rest of music monday will be dedicated to winners (and nominees) of the Grammys!

No comments: