Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Rachel Zoe Recap

Let me start this recap by saying that I hate how much I love this show. I truly loathe myself during my weekly viewings and then I loathe myself even more when the episode is over because I'm likely watching it again all while itching for next weeks ep. I.Just.Can't.Get.Enough.

So, this weeks episode was the continuation of last weeks episode, aka Oscar Drama, Fashion Week Drama, Taylors attitude, etc. So last week's episode DRAMATICALLY stopped right before we saw the Armani dress with the second train and right after we saw the Armani dress with the first train.

Ahmm. Cough.

Why was this episode "To Be Continued"? Don't they realize that the Oscars happened SEVEN MONTHS AGO and anyone that actually cares that much about fashion already knows what Anne Hathaway wore to the Oscars because they were watching the Red Carpet, and those who only kind of care about fashion can just GOOGLE IT to see what she wore? Why the drama Bravo? Me confrused. Also, a kindergarden could've told you "hmmm, she hated the first train, the show is being continued, so I must conclude that the second train is the one that she goes with". Yeah. Duh.

In real life, Anne doesn't end up wearing either train and I personally think the "To Be Continued" would've been more effective if Rachel had, upon seeing the second train, thrown an absolute FIT and cursed the Armani clan and kicked them out of her hotel room. Now THAT would have been good television.

But anyway, she "dies" for the dress with the second train [of course], and all seems well. The rest of the episode is inconsequencial and is just kind of fun and fashiony- EXCEPT. Did anyone else find it curious how nervous Rachel was over whether or not Brad could "perform" his Oscar duties this year without having any mistakes and meltdowns like last year and THEN she sends him to the Oscars with Anne Hathaway instead of going herself?? Did that not seem a little off to anyone else? And, also, Taylor was working with Demi Moore for her Oscar event- So, lets get this straight. Two of Rachel's BIGGEST clients are both involved with Hollywoods BIGGEST night and Rachel sends her two assistants to be with both of them, while she does.......what? Gets colonics? I dunno. Me confrused again. I mean, if you were Anne Hathaway, wouldn't you be offended that your stylist sent her assistant and an intern to get you ready for your big Oscar performance and possible win? I'd be PISSED.

And so, nothing has really changed. Taylor still has an attitude, I still want to put Brad in my pocket, and Rachel still isn't eating. Tune in next week when everything is still the same. And I'll be watching it anyway.

No comments: