Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Toooooo Soooooooooon

According to the website Daily Stab, there may be a studio in Hollywood negotiating rights for a movie based on the recently deceased, irreplaceable television personality Billy Mays. [A pause while I pour one out in his memory].

Supposedly, Steve Carrell is their first choice to play Billy Mays. I can definitely see it. But if you're going to make a movie about Billy Mays, doesn't the character need to be somewhat satirical? And is that appropriate now that he has passed?

I supposed none of that really matters at the moment since we don't even know if the movie is being made. Would you see it? I probably would, especially if Steve Carrell is in the lead role. I think I am one of the few people who actually liked Billy Mays! I loved the Oxy Clean commercials and the way he got rid of those hard soap scum stains with his hands in the Kaboom! commericals. Oh those hands. [ I'm kidding. Kind of.]. The only way last week could've been worse is if Vince the ShamWow guy had died as well. I'm not sure I could've gone on.

Let's remember Billy in the best possible way- with a gangsta remix.



No comments: