Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Hump Day!

Today is Wednesday. The worst [best?] day of the week. It is STILL raining in Nashville and the sun hasn't fully shown itself in what feels like years. At this point I am grasping onto any bright spots that I can find and luckily I have had a few this week.

Monday night I was fortunate enough [thanks roomie!] to see Gavin DeGraw at Exit/In. I consider myself to be a pretty big Gavin fan [if you couldn't tell from all his music that I put on this here blog]. I've seen him in concert a handful of times before Monday, and the feller tends to put on a pretty darn good show. The tour is on right now is his "accoustic" tour which I'm told means that he is a 4 piece instead of a 1o piece. Um, wow. A 10 piece band- that is cray cray! But the 4 piece was PERFECT. He's playing smaller venues than he usually does but the atmosphere was awesome. It lends for a slightly more intimate show. Gavin sang his and everyone else's pants off per usual. I completely 100% recommend this show to anyone. Check out his tour schedule to see if he's going to be in your area. here and here to check out a couple of his songs from the other night.

My other bright spot was yesterday, Cinco de Mayo! Me and Mere had a few of our closest peeps over for some delicious grub and the yummiest margaritas this side of the border. We have the best friends and we always have so much fun when they come visit us at our casa.

Here's hoping for some actual bright spots, aka sunshine, for the rest of the week!

No comments: