Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Crafts and Such

I consider myself to be a relatively crafty person. I like to crochet baby blankets and scarves. I like to paint [although not well] and I have recently taken up sewing and just finished my first dress. On second thought, I'm not sure this makes me crafty as much as it just makes me an old lady.

In order to further my craftiness, I recently signed up for Martha Stewarts "Craft of the Day" email and I gotta say, the crafts are kind of doodoo. Martha is reaaaallly needing to step up her craft game. Recipes? She wins. Crafts? Meh.

For example, I received the below in an email this morning.

May
27
WEDNESDAY

Tin Containers
When the garden is especially exuberant, it seems you can never have enough vases. Make a matching set of vessels by painting metal cans in muted hues.

 Really, Martha? Tin containers? That's a bit of a stretch, dont you think? On the other hand, it seems like a craft that I can complete without fail, so..........count me in!

No comments: