Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gossip Girl, Schmossip Girl

The new season of Gossip Girl is underway. And the more I watch it, the more I love it. And the more I love it, the more I think it might actually kind of be a dumb show?

*GASP*

I know, I know. How dare I? I'm ashamed of myself really. And while I genuinely do love the show, and will try my best to never miss an episode, it really is becoming more and more like the OC 2.0. Blake Lively (or maybe the chick that plays Jenny Humphreys) could be the next Mischa Barton although I think they both might be (slighty) better actresses. Chase Crawford is definitely Benjamin McKenzie/ Ryan Atwood madeover, and Dan Humphreys is the slightly awkward funny guy (Adam Brody anyone?).

We've also got the slightly bitchy rich mom, the troubled siblings, the wonderful vacays, you get where I"m going here. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved the OC.......when it started. Maybe the first two or three seasons were good and then it just became unwatchable? Wonder which New York socialite is going to dip her toes into the lesbian pool first (my vote is on Jenny fo sho).

Josh Schwartz, I love your tv shows man. But maybe we should mix it up a little more than just changing which coast and social scene the show is set in? Also, I hope you learned from where the OC went wrong- I'm already sensing a subtle decline in Gossip Girl quality from Season 1. Fix what went wrong with the OC because I'd like for Gossip Girl to be around (and good!) for a very long time.

Peace and Love.

No comments: