Friday, June 3, 2011

Obsession of Yesterday


Oops. Might've forgotten to share my obsession post [or anything at all, really] with you cats yesterday. Never fear, as a result of waiting, today we have a PICTURE. Hooray.

As a water sign [Scorpio thank you very much] I am pretty much in my happy place when I am around water. The beach, the river, a pool or lake, it really doesn't matter where, I guarantee you I will happy as a clam [especially if I have a drink from SONIC in my hand]. I have been absolutely craving a trip to the beach for a few months now and with every sandy day dream comes the thought of fresh seafood and my ultimate favorite: RAW OYSTERS [slurp slurp yum].

I had my first experience with raw oysters when I went on a trip in high school with my friends family to the Florida Keys. Put on a cracker with some horseradish and/or hot sauce, and I am in absolute heaven. While pondering my craving for raw oysters earlier in the week, I realized that I had never, ever been to one of Nashville's staple restaurants, Southstreet. Knowing that they indeed have oysters on the half shell, I took my happy ass over there with a friend and decided to consume.
Aren't those just about the prettiest oysters you've ever seen?? Ok, maybe not the prettiest, ad maybe not just out of the water fresh, but these babies were pretty darn good and totally hit the spot. We also enjoyed some steamed mussels and two whole fried catfish [DANGER! There are bones and they may or may not get stuck in your throat for hours]. Also, the kitchen staff may or may not cat call you on your walk to the bathroom. You may or may not enjoy it.

No comments: