Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What We Have Been Missing

Two weeks is really a long hiatus for a blog, especially around the Holidays when there is DRAH-MA. Let's see what we missed.


BEYONCE HAS (NOT) HAD HER BABY
After some confusing reports around New Years Eve that stated that Beyonce and Jay-Z gave birth to a baby girl named Tiana May Carter, it seems as though we can all rest assured that the surrogate Beyonce is still pregnant. Come on now, y'all. You know that Beyonce and Jay are gonna come up with a name that is WAY better than Tiana May [or I hope so anyway]. If we are to believe anything the internets say, reports are that Beyonce is actually due to give birth TODAY at an undisclosed location. Say your prayers and do your Hail Mary's cause it looks like a Rap Deity may be born today.

KATY PERRY AND RUSSELL BRAND ARE GETTING DIVORCED
Why does everyone continue to act like this is such surprising news? There were elephants at her wedding people. ELEPHANTS!!! When you do something that extravagant, the marriage is definitely doomed. That being said, I feel as though the real reason behind this split is likely because Katy realized she couldn't understand one bloody word that was coming out of Russell's mouth.

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE AND JESSICA BIEL ARE ENGAGED
Please pause for a moment of silence while all mid to late twenty something girls shed a tear [or several]. This rumor has yet to be confirmed and, frankly, I hope it isn't because I find them to be such an odd pair. However, if it is, we will wish them all the best! Kind of.

THE CAST OF LES MISERABLES THE MOVIE HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED
And it's not as exciting as you would think. Let me give you a little background on how much I love Les Miserables. Its a lot, ok? I've read the book, seen the movie [multiple times], have been playing the songs out of my trusty piano book for years [not very well, I might add], and it was my first Broadway play. When I heard that they were making another movie-musical version, I was ecstatic! That is, until today. Hugh Jackman is confirmed as the load role of Jean Valjean which I think is brilliant. I had originally heard that Anne Hathaway might be playing Eponine, but it seems as though she's actually playing Fantine, which is an interesting choice. Playing Fantine's daughter, Cosette, will be Amanda Seyfriend which is odd considering there is only a 3 year age difference. I don't know that I love that choice, but Amanda is evidently a classically trained Opera singer so I have no doubt that she will be able to handle the role. But the kicker, oh the kicker is that out of Scarlett Johansson, Lea Michele and Evan Rachel Wood who were all options for the part of Eponine, the part has gone to Taylor Swift. TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!! Why is she out to ruin my life???? Has no one ever heard her sing??? I mean, the girl is fine at what she does, but I hardly think she has the chops for this. But I digress. Will it be enough to keep me from seeing the movie? Most likely, no. Is it the first sign of the Apocolypse? You betcha.

No comments: