Thursday, January 12, 2012

People's Choice Awards Fashion Recap

The People's Choice Awards were held last night in Hollywood and you KNOW I have a fashion recap for you! Much like the Emmy's, the PCAs kind of bore me so I did not watch [plus I was too busy having fun at Taco Tuesday/Wednesday] and I happen to be saving up my awards show watching energy for the Golden Globes, Grammy's and Oscars. The fashion is (almost) always the most important thing anyway, so lets just focus on that!


People's Choice Awards red carpet
I generally adore everything that Lea Michelle wears on the red carpet and almost everything looks amazing on her, but i'm gonna have to say NO, NO, NO to this dress. I get that (maybe??) she was going for a flapper style, but she totally missed the mark. It looks like someone wrapped her up as a mummy and then shredded the linens. She knows better than this. Better up her game before the GGs!

People's Choice Awards red carpet
Alison Hannegan's dress is a much better example of a dress that has a 20s flair without being completely ridiculous. Also, mozel on the pregnancy! I had no idea. She looks lovely.

People's Choice Awards red carpet
Oh, she's just being Miley! Look at how grown up Mrs. Cyrus is! Kind of makes me feel old, actually. I love this dress on her, and her hair and makeup is lovely. She and Liam Hemsworth really do make a handsome couple.

People's Choice Awards red carpet
Sooooo, then there was this. I really am a fan of a top knot bun, but Jennifer Morrison really took it to extremes here. The bun could possibly break a records as "World's Largest" but I'm not as mad at it as I am the dress. What in the freakin a is this crap? The top part is actually totally fine [not great, but fine], but add the fringe to the bottom and it looks like she's wearing MeeMaw's duvet! Let's try to find her a new stylist, shall we?

People's Choice Awards red carpet
Two Broke Girls is truly one of my favorite (although cheesy) shows that premiered in the fall of 2011, but I'm not sure that anyone has taught Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs what they should wear on a red carpet. I'm fine with all black [if you MUST], but at least make it something memorable. Also, it's clear on the show that Beth is very thing, but we can we please get her a cheeseburger and something to wipe that bitch look off her face? Great, thanks.

People's Choice Awards red carpet
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Chris Klein was still even remotely relevant. Maybe he's just there to bartend (he looks like he just came from a shift at Patterson House).

People's Choice Awards red carpet
I just love Busy Phillips. I think she looks fabulous and I wish she would tell me a joke right this instant.

Now, this what I'm talking about! A little color and a little fun! The People's Choice Awards are not quite as stuffy as certain other awards shows, but also not as casual as say the MTV VMAs, so I think Whitney Cummings look is a very happy medium. She does, however, need to work on that fish face. It's a little bit dramatic.

Julianne Hough=va-va-voom!!!! This girl has a rockin bod and looks oh so very pretty.

I also tend to love Kristen Bell, but I am undecided on this dress. Is the skirt portion made of leather? If so, I may have to turn my nose up at it. However, if it was a pretty silk chiffon, I would probably be completely on board. I do think its interesting that point toed pumps seem to be making a comeback on this red carpet. I'm not certain if i'm happy or sad about that.

People's Choice Awards red carpet
I love, love, love this dress on Kelly Osbourne, but why does she insist on coloring her hair grey?

People's Choice Awards red carpet
I think that I really like this look, but I'm not 100% certain.

People's Choice Awards red carpet
This is a fun look. Well done, Zachary Levi.

People's Choice Awards red carpet
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

People's Choice Awards red carpet
OK, again, is that a dress made of leather? Ga-ross, Ashley Greene!

People's Choice Awards red carpet
Demi Levato looks so, so great. It really is nice to finally have a Hollywood starlet admit to her problems, accept the consequences and then turn her life around. What an inspiring story. Stick with it, Demi!

And there you have it! What did you think of the red carpet?

No comments: