Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sometimes I Think I'm Crafty

If you have previously read this blog, then you already happen to know that I may be a bit of a fashion addict. You may also have realized from recent posts that I am obsessed with all things that sparkle.

It was love at first sight for me and the MiuMiu glitter booties that are all the rage this fall [seen below in a variety of styles and colors], but sadly, this blogger is ballin on a budget and I don't exactly have $800+++ to drop on shoes.



So I decided to take matters into my own hands. Thanks to a handy tutorial I saw on Pinterest, I realized that I could take this pair of shoes:














and turn them into this:













Voila! My very own sparkle shoes that cost me approximately $6.00 [and I'm throwing in the adorable pic of my dog Rugrat in the background for free]. I have owned these shoes for quite sometime and they were the perfect free canvas for my madness. If you don't already own a pair of shoes that you're willing to make over, check out your local Goodwill for a bargain.

These are the supplies you'll need:
Painters Tape [free for me- already had on hand]

Modge Podge [free for me- already had on hand]

Glitter [approximately $2.99. I almost did all red since the heel of the shoe was already red, but I didn't want it to look too Wizard of Oz-y]

Krylon Clear Acrylic Spray [approximately $3.50]

Old Newspaper or Magazine to work on


Tape off the portion of the shoe that you want to glitterize [or do the whole shoe if you're feeling adventurous!]. Paint a relatively thin coat of Modge Podge on and sprinkle with glitter. Repeat this around the heel [I did mine in 3 sections] and let dry [I dried mine overnight]. Spray with your clear acrylic spray [this keeps the glitter from falling off.....allegedly], let dry, and then dazzle your friends!

No comments: