Thursday, February 28, 2013

Once Again, I Apologize to My Credit Card

So, I managed to refrain myself a few weeks ago when Target released their Prabal Gurung line (refrain myself means I only bought 3 items instead of the whole collection- hoping some will go on sale!), but I just don't know if the same can be said with the new Pearl by Georgina Chapman (aka one half of the Marchesa design team) and Duro Olowu collections for JC Penney that are both out tomorrow, March 1st.

Both collections are really divine, and if these new Target-esque designer collaborations are a part of their makeover process, then consider my ticket punched and me fully on board the JCP train. Choo Choo!

My only concern is that they may want to scale back the price ranges ever so slightly. Most of Target's designer collabs top out around $80 (and when they don't, it's generally a big mistake), with the Pearl line going as high as $250. Granted, this is still a FRACTION of what you would pay for a Marchesa piece, but you have to wonder if the Middle America JC Penney shopper can afford to spend $250 on a dress that, while fabulous, they may only wear a few times.

Never the less, I hope that both collections are a success and that it will mean more designer collaborations at fantastic prices!

Some of my favorites from the Pearl by Georgina Chapman collection:

997-9999-red-pearl-075_201302221125564
Would I wear this? Probably not. Is it still sassy and fun? Absolutely.

PromDress2_201302221125565
I think this piece is so fab. It rings in at $180 which makes it out of my budget, but a girl can dream.


Love, love this one and at $70, it's for sure on my hit list

Pearl by Georgina of...
I have absolutely no occasion to wear this ( good thing since its $140), but since it has sparkles, I obviously love it.


Now THIS would be a beautiful wedding dress and at $110 that would also make it a STEAL



No clue what these will look like on, but you can bet your bottom dollar I am going to try and see!





Dress





















Oh hello, sexytown. For $70, worth finding SOMETHING to wear it to


The perfect LBD. $70 and it will be in style the rest of your life? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.




Jumpsuit
Now, I personally don't wear a lot of jumpsuits (too hard to pee in!), but I think this one is super chic. Would look great with a Stella & Dot necklace! (shameless plug! it's my blog, I do what I want!)



Sorry I'm not sorry, but how perfect is this dress? It's $110 which puts it out of my budget, so I apologize to my credit card in advance.


At $250, this is also a STEAL of a wedding dress.






And now for some favorites from Duro's JCP Collection:

4

6

5

9

11

14

15

16

19

MUST. HAVE.

20
I lurve this suitcase.


No comments: