Friday, February 8, 2013

Fashion on the Brain

As you can probably tell from these last few posts, I have definitely got fashion on the brain [a trend that will continue through Grammy weekend, so prepare yourselves]. I just came across this video that shows the process of making a Chanel jacket, and it kind of blew my mind.

Now, I don't own any Chanel for reasons that I think are obvious [if they aren't as obvious as I assume, just check the price tag. Now you know.], but I would literally beg, borrow, blow or steal to have a piece, almost any piece, in my wardrobe. I adore the video below because it shows the making of a Chanel jacket literally from design to final details. I have a sewing machine and could probably sew a decent seam if my life depended on it, but my small bag of skills are completely inproficient compared to these ladies. I love the idea of mattern making from blank canvas and doing everything from top to bottom. Maybe one day I'll be able to do that. Or better yet, maybe one day I'll just be able to afford Chanel.


No comments: