Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Trashy TV: Monday-Friday

We have certainly got some trashy tv catching up to do! Fall is here which means that television is back and in full force. All of our favorites are back, including Glee, Gossip Girl, 30 Rock, Modern Family, The Office and many, many more, and some of our summer favorites have gone away like Weeds [what the WHAT was up with that ending? Please, please, please bring it back for another season!]. But none of those shows really have the reality trash level that warrants a write up [not just yet anyway]. So lets jump into some guilty pleasures, shall we?








If y'all aren't watching this show, you don't know what you're missing! I made my gubby [a term a picked up from Courtney Kerr, thankyouverymuch] watch it with me on Monday night to settle our nerves after watching Weeds and, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he liked it! If you haven't been watching, not much has changed. Courtney and Matt are still in love but won't admit it [ I mean, come on guys, you'd be ADORABLE together. Just get over it and sex each other up], Matt is still halfway dating Neill the 34 year old who claims she's 23 [if she's really 23, then she's doin something wrong, am i right?], Drew is still way too entitled because of his daddy's last name, Glenn is still adorable, and Tara is still RICH.

I need to take a minute to point something out. Drew is a BULLY. That's really all there is to it. The guy is a straight up bully. I say this not to criticize necessarily, but more so because I kind of feel sorry for him. He's been very open about his dramatic weight loss [very admirable, i might add], and I can imagine that being 400+ pounds must have been very hard on him and he must have endured a lot of teasing. It's not surprising to me that, as a result of being the victim, he has now become the predator. It's not all that uncommon for such a role reversal to happen after a dramatic life change. If I had to guess, I'd say that Drew is still very insecure about the way he looks [don't be! you're rockin it!] and is very intimidated by Matt's good looks and charm and Courtney's take no bullshit, aggressive attitude [meant as a compliment]. It seems as though he feels as though he should strike whenever one of those too are stepping a little too close on his territory or opinion.

A word of advice: Don't do that, Drew. You are a relatively likable guy until you fly off the handle on your friends. I would barely call my worst enemy a C U Next Tuesday, much less someone that I call friend. Now granted, Courtney was not being very considerate of the conversation and was talking over you quite a bit [tsk tsk, CK, let everyone have a turn], but your reaction was over the top. Also, Dallas is a BIG city. There is room for more than one person to do charity work. Don't be intimidated by the fact that Matt is trying to get involved. Just cool it out a pinch, k?

Also, Tara rescued a dog this week. Yay!


Ok, this is my first recap of Season 2 of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and, really, this season has started off with a bang. Of course, we all knew about the tragic suicide of Russell Armstrong, Taylor's [at the time] estranged husband, so that alone has put kind of a heavy mood on the show. It's almost like having some sort of psychic vision on the season. I find myself wanting to be like, "Don't say that, he's going to commit suicide!" or "Save those tears, honey, you're gonna need them later." It's all very, very sad. The saddest part to me is how fragile Taylor is because of the whole situation. She's extremely thin and on a serious verge of a nervous breakdown. I'm very curious at what point in the season she'll announce her and Russell's seperation. Is that sick?

Not much has changed with any of the other girls. Lisa is still phenomenally rich, Kyle still has the cutest family ever [and a new house!], Kim is still tittering on the edge of CRAZYTOWN [and is possibly still drunk......a lot], Adrienne is maybe bringing her basketball team to Los Angeles and the fans in Sacramento are NOT happy about it, and Camille is still a very smug, unlikable person who can now add divorcee to her resume. This week, they introduced Brandy Glanville to the show, who I hope, hope, HOPE is not going to be a regular member of the cast because I despise her. She happens to be Eddie Cibrian's ex-wife [she is the one he left for LeAnn Rimes as you may recall] and has a janky face, janky foot, and a janky attitude. She gets a big fat NO MA'AM from me. She could potentially be the thing that makes me stop watching this show [gasp! say it ain't so!].


This may be the first time that a lot of you are hearing about Dirty Soap and that's ok, it just started. It's essentially a reality show where they follow around current or (recently) former Soap Opera stars. Um, why hasn't anyone thought of this before now? This idea is BRILLIANT. Soap Operas are so intensely dramatic that there is no way all the drama stays on set. Now we get to see what REALLY happens.

The pilot wasn't too exciting, but pilots rarely are. I"ll give it at least one more watch before making my final decision. I would say that soap opera's ["stories" as i like to call them] were a pretty big part of my formative years and even though I dont currently watch them, it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the drama. I'll keep you posted.

All right, now everyone get out there and watch some trashy tv!

This post was brought to you by:

[ok not really, but i wish!]

No comments: