Friday, April 29, 2011

The British Are Coming, The British Are Coming!!

The British and their glorious royal wedding are here!!! I am currently having an internal debate as to whether or not it will make me a LOSER to stay at home alone on a Friday night and watch all of the pomp and circumstance [shout out to my DVR for giving me this option].

Here are a few photos to entice those who, like me, haven't seen any of the footage yet.

This photo is absolutely lovely. I do have a couple of questions: While Kate's dress is absolutely gorgeous, it does seem a bit more like a winter dress, no? Now, it very well may still be quite chilly in jolly ole' England, I'm not sure, so perhaps that is what called for the long sleeves [or perhaps it was by the Queen's demands!]. My other question is: why in the world is the Maid of Honor, Kate's younger sister Pippa, wearing WHITE?? Doesn't she know that is RUDE AS HELL [to put it in American terminology]. I am sure that Kate had a hand in picking out the dress, but I am still very, very confused by it.

Please hold while I take a bite of my crumpet and have a sip of my tea.

Ok, continuing on....

Let us quickly and harshly judge Prince Harry's date and on again/ off again girlfriend Chelsey Davies.
I am completely and totally fine with her outfit [those shoes are pretty banging and what an adorable little hat] but homegirl looks a MESS. I believe that sharply dressed man surely was responsbile for issuing a search and subsequently rescuing her from the local pub [or possibly even the corner crack house] mere hours before the wedding. If that is not the case, then Harry needs to take care of his lady a little better and get her a new hair and make up stylist, aka, not Chelsey herself. Homegurl looks RUFF.

And now for a few pictures of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge [ooh la la it sounds so fancy!].

Love the regal military attire. He looks very sharp. It's no wonder that quite has such a smile on her face.

And this is just beyond precious.

Now for a few guest photos...
First of all, I find it very hard to believe that David Beckham and Posh Spice are close personal friends of the Royal Family, but here they are at the event anyway. I have to say, what in the Union Jack hell is on Posh's head? Surely that is something from an SNL skit and not an actual hat, right?

Who invited Mr. Bean?

I mean, really Harry, quit trying to out shine the Bride.

Does anyone know where I can get a hat like this for Steeplechase?? Princesses or not, these hats are out of control.

I honestly never knew that Joss Stone had this much class. I just didn't.

And there you have it folks. The Royal Family lives on. Long Live The Queen!


1 comment:

Kissing Mules said...

Dear David Beckham,
OOOOO WEEEE!
Dear Princess Catherine,
Your wrinkles are my favorite accessory
Dear Beatrice,
WTF
Dear Prince Harry,
I can definitely see you in a Kissing Mules blog post. Holler at me when you're in America

This might be the most enchanted day of my young life.