Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Virgin Suicides

My LOST boyfriend, Matthew Fox, recently did an interview with Playboy Magazine where he dished a little about the series finale of the show, his alleged infidelity against his wife, and losing his virginity. Why these celebrities [male in particular] continue to talk to the media about their "first time" completely baffles me, especially when it happened at an inappropriate age- like 12. That's right kids, Matthew Fox lost his virginity at twelve years old! He said:

“I was 12. She was about two years older than me. It wasn’t her first time. I can actually see the event in my mind’s eye, like photographs. It was in Dubois, Wyoming, where the population sign probably says, to this day, about 1,000. It happened literally on the ground by a river while a rodeo was going on in town. It was absolutely terrible and awkward-just two f—ing kids lying down and pulling our pants down.”

What the what?? 12 years old? That's like the SIXTH GRADE. Have boys even really gone through puberty by then?? Maybe I'm being uber naive here, but this shit sounds crazy. Let's also address that the girl was only 14, 8th grade. Am I the only girl that wasn't even remotely thinking about sex at 14? I mean, sheesh. Kids these days!

No comments: