Monday, November 2, 2009

MUUUUUUUUUUUUSIC MOOOOOOOOOONDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Happy November! I hope you all had a very successful Halloween. I for one went to a hockey game and that was about it, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I want to kick off Music Monday with a review of the show I went to last night at the Ryman- Paper Route and Paramore. Um, yeah, it was soooooooooooo good. Granted, I was a little out of my age group [I'd say the average age was, oh. 15] but those kids have just recently hopped on the Paramore train- I've been on it for years [haha].

If you've never seen or heard of Paper Route, go check them out immediately. They are kind of hard to describe but I'd go with electronica rock. They are local Nashville kids, so they have a special place in my heart anyway, but aside from that, those kids got skillz. Thats right- with a z. I must admit, their first couple of songs were a little stiff performance wise, but once they got warmed up they were all over the place. They were stupid, stupid good and probably the perfect opener for Paramore.

Then Paramore. Oh Paramore. I get that they are not everyone's cup of tea, and frankly they are a little more emo than I usually swing, but I just can't get enough. I've only seen them one other time, and I wasn't totally impressed but it also wasn't their fault [it was a festival on the river and everyone's sound was total shit that night- I didn't hold it against them]. These kids were totally in their element at the Ryman- it was the perfect venue for them. Hayley Williams- what can I say? That girl has got TALENT, plain and simple. She can jump around, head bang, scream and kick and never once misses a beat or a breath. Homegurl is an incredible songwriter and she can SANG. Dang she can sing. The thing that I think is different about her is that she has a very versatile voice- almost R&B at times- but she sings punk/pop music which puts a really interesting twist on things [whereas her older punk counterpart Gwen Stefani can't really do anything besides punk- her voice just wont allow it]. She can even sing COUNTRY. For her first song of the encore she sang, completely unplugged, Loretta Lynns "You Ain't Woman Enough" and absolutely KILLED it [eat your heart out Taylor Swift- who was there and made a total scene before the show. I'm so over seeing that girl around Nashville. Go on tour already].

So, in a nutshell, go see these bands live. They are amazingly fun shows and you wont regret it. And now, enjoy the music!!





Absence






The Only Exception (Album Version) - Paramore


Misguided Ghosts (Album Version) - Paramore

No comments: