Monday, February 13, 2012

Grammy Fashion Recap!

LOVE IT
Pretty sure that everyone knows that I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan [honey, you just HAVE to stop acting so surprised when people applaud you], but homegirl really has a good eye for red carpet fashion. I do wish she would wear red more because she looks phenomenal in it, but this dress is fabulous. She went through a phase where she was wearing dresses that were just a bit too close to her flesh color and they washed her out, but this dress has nice golden tones which makes it a versatile neutral. She looks gorgeous in it!


LEAVE IT
Ok stunt queen, that's enough. I think that, what a lot of people don't understand, is that crazy outfits, on stage gimmicks and bizarre personalities are often put in place to distract people from a lack of talent [sometimes the lack of talent doesn't even exist, its just insecurity on the artists part, but that is another post entirely]. In Nicki Minaj's case, there is no lack of talent! She is the best female rapper in the game right now, hands down, so for her to attempt to be more like Gaga or rip of Madonna is really unnecessary. Get it together Nicki, because America is already over this crap- now is not the time to start it.

MEH
I adore Corinne Bailey Rae, but the sweeping hair with the sweeping dress is really a bit much.

LOVE IT
Gwyneth has never looked anything other than the epitome of health, but homegirl is looking uber thin these days. I really, really love her Stella McCartney dress and she is totally rocking it.

LEAVE IT
Oh Alison, we all adore you so much but that dress has gottago! Also- are you barefoot on the red carpet? That's just weird.

MEH
There is something about Jessie J's dress that I actually like, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Don't love it, don't hate it, it's just meh.

LOVE IT
Alicia Keys is one classy lady that some of these other gals could take a few tips from. I love that the structure of her dress is unexpected without being over the top.

LEAVE IT
Robyn's outfit is cray, but she's Robyn so she can pretty much do whatever she wants.

MEH
I actually really like Rihanna's dress and especially her shoes, but she gets a "meh" because 1) why does her skin look so oily and glossy? 2) That hair. I can't.

LOVE IT
Carrie Underwood is a vision of class, per usual. I love her dress.

LEAVE IT
OK......so. I think that the actual dress here is beautiful, and looked more red than orange on television. That is fine. I even kind of understand how Fergie was trying to be bold by wearing black underthings, BUT it didn't quite work for her. I think if she had worn a sexy slip instead [especially if it had been nude or red], that would have increased the WOW factor of this dress. Sorry Charlie, you got close!

MEH
I don't hate this dress at all, but it definitely looks more Taylor Swift than Katy Perry. But while we're at it, can we discuss her performance? She sounded fine and all that stuff, but that new single? Really? I'm just not sure about it. First of all, the lyrics are kind of jank, but that's often true with a Katy Perry song. The message of the song is great and I'm sure it would make me feel very empowered if I had just gone through a breakup. The issue I have is that she literally just signed divorce papers days before the Grammy's. Doesn't it seem like we should all be going "too soon!" Obviously, as an artist, you're going to write about the things you have been through, but I'm just feeling like maybe we should give this one a minute. Russell Brand hasn't spoken a bad word about Katy in the press......yet. So, your move Aldous Snow.

LOVE IT
This is not a great photo of this dress, but Adele looked beautiful last night! She looks like she's dropped at least a solid 20 lbs, so maybe I should try to get on her throat surgery diet!

LEAVE IT
Um, no ma'am.

MEH
I mean, Deadmau5 is a DJ, so I can't really expect him to dress up for the Grammys, but at least wear the t-shirt with Skrillex's phone number on it with some suit pants or something. Geez, mouse.

LOVE IT
Miranda looks beautiful! I'm going to go ahead and say that the ladies of Country Music might have stolen the fashion show last night. They all looked lovely.

LOVE IT
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, CANNOTWAITFORELLENTOPOSTTHEVIDEOOFTHESEGIRLSATTHEGRAMMYS. IWANTTOSTEALTHEM!!!!!

LOVE IT
Classy as hell and lookin fly!

So that pretty much wraps it up! We've got the Oscars in a few weeks and then we'll have no more fashion recaps for awhile. Sads! What did you guys think of the fashion at the Grammys? Love it or leave it??


No comments: