Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thr33

Number 3
Kanye West
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Oh Kanye. Kanye, Kanye, Kanye. What would the world do without you? I was very excited about the release of a new Yeezy album, but I was also a little nervous after the release of 808s & Heartbreaks [i think we can all agree that wasn't his best work, right? ok, then lets move on]. When Kanye started the GOOD FRIDAY leaks, I knew we'd all be satisfied with this album. I've heard from a lot of people that they think it's his best album, and I would like to respectfully disagree with that. I think his personal best is a toss up between College Dropout and Graduation, back when he was not only an amazing rapper and producer, but he actually had something to say [aside from talking about getting head and getting pussy which is essentially what MBDTF is centered around. not hating at all, just stating a truth of the album.]. Another person described this album as his most cohesive album and that statement I would agree with. Whatever your opinion, you probably can't deny that Kanye is back on top, douchebag or not [let's have a toast!].

Tune in tomorrow for my Number 1 & 2 most listened to albums of 2010.





No comments: