Monday, September 17, 2012

American Idol Hired Who?

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what your new American Idol judges table looks like:



One of these things is not like the other....

I, personally, haven't watched American Idol since I was in High School, so this means little to me, except for the fact that it doesn't make a lot of sense. I actually love the idea of Mariah being a judge, but these producers must be glutens for punishment to have Mariah the Diva and Nicki the Diva both on the panel! Also, Mariah, Randy and Keith have all had decades long careers- Nicki has only been around for a few and her talent is questionable. I get that she's one of the hottest things on the planet and Idol is probably wanting to get their ratings back up now that they have to compete with The Voice, but how did that pan out for them when they added Ellen DeGeneres to the panel? Not so well, if I remember correctly.

As a complete outsider, it seems to me that American Idol is definitely on it's way down hill. In the early history of the show, the winners were all going on to have stellar careers. I couldn't even tell you the names of the folks that won the competition the past few times [then again, maybe they are country singers and that's why....].

Either way, something tells me that this panel, in full, will not be around for more than one season!

No comments: